Wednesday, November 18, 2015

DIY mirrored vanity tray

Welcome back, friends! As many of you know we are starting over on all of our belongings and furniture we had acquired. One thing I miss badly was my makeup area. My husband, being the awesome guy he is, is putting a vanity area together for me. One thing I didn't have before but I always loved the idea of one was a mirrored vanity tray. I went looking online and when I came across how much they were I was like thanks but no thanks!
I decided I could just make one so I did. Gotta tell you, it was stupid easy. it only required 3 items and I had it done in 5 minutes. plus you can customize them however you want.  The three things you need are:

  • mirror (mine is a 10x13)
  • decorative rocks or pebbles
  • E6000 or a hot glue gun
Did I mention I got everything (except the E6000) at the dollar store? Yeah, it cost me less than $2.00 to make this. Here is what I did.
The first thing you wanna do is clean your mirror. The glue will adhere better to a clean surface. Then I got all of my little pebbles out and arranged then how I wanted them and made sure I picked ones out that would fit in the little nicks and crannies.

Now that you have an idea of what you're going to do, you can start the gluing process. You can glue them one at a time like I started to do or you can do what I ended up doing which is applying a thick line of glue down the edge and placing the pebbles on it. I found this way worked a little better because not only is it easier, but it gives the glue a chance to get a little tacky and hold the pebbles better during the drying process.

That's all there is to it. Now just give it some dry time (about 24 hours to be on the safe side) and you have a gorgeous (and cheap!) mirrored vanity tray!

I'm probably going to make another one to store other stuff on because I thought this turned out so cute and it was literally one of the easiest DIY's ever. What's your favorite way to organize your products?

No comments:

Post a Comment